Dear Pick n Pay Wine Supplier,
You are cordially invited to participate in the Pick n Pay Wine & Food Festival.
The Festival is a wine, food and lifestyle event that will promote the wines from across the Cape Winelands to social & discerning wine consumers. The goal is to create a platform to promote wine farms, and to promote Pick n Pay as a preferred wine and food destination to consumers.
This year, Pick n Pay will supplement the Festival exhibitor stand fees in Durban, and brands will benefit from a discounted stand cost of R2,500 (ex VAT). We trust this will assist producers with their travel expenses to exhibit at this one-day event.
Other important event changes:
- The token system will be in place for tastings. One token per tasting. Tokens have no value, and are in place to control single tastings (guests cannot exchange multiple tokens for a full glass of wine, for instance).
- Tasting hours are reduced (12pm – 4pm) to encourage ONLY wine sales from stands (4pm – 5.30pm).
- Note that wine sales are for on-site consumption only and managed from each stand by producers!
- There will be a drive for online sales via PnP asap during the event.
EVENT INFORMATION: DURBAN
- Venue: Chris Saunders Park, Umhlanga
- Date: Saturday, 19 August 2023
- Event Times:
- Pick n Pay Wine Club Member Preview: 12pm – 1pm (limited to 100 PnP Wine Club members only)
- General Wine Tasting: 1pm – 4pm
- Wine & Food Shopping: 4pm – 5.30pm
- Guest Pax: 1,300
- Producers: 30+
EXHIBITING SPACES & PRICES:
The standard exhibition space consists of a 2,5m x 3m space at a cost of R2,500 (excl. VAT) per stand.
Cost for a stand includes:
- 1 x 15-amp power point
- 1 x serving counter
- 1 x standardised name board per exhibitor supplied by the event
- 1 x water jug
- 4 x arm bands per day for working staff
- 4 glasses per stand
Pouring / tasting hours are reduced (12pm – 4pm) to encourage wine sales from stands (4pm – 5.30pm) and responsible drinking.
WHO MAY EXHIBIT?
Your brand & wines have been selected by the Pick n Pay Wine Team as a preferred supplier & exhibitor to the Durban event. Space, however, is limited to the producer numbers mentioned above and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please complete this document and return as soon as possible.
Benefits & opportunities associated with the Pick n Pay Wine & Food Festival:
- Being part of an initiative where wines from the Cape Winelands are displayed at one central point
- Participating in a promotional campaign which will not only benefit the event, but the entire wine industry
- Access to electronic marketing platforms to promote and advertise your wine farm – supply us with content / prizes to help promote and activate on all Pick n Pay Wine & Food Festival related channels
- Participating producers can purchase discounted tickets to use in their own promotional activities and incentives
GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR ALL EXHIBITORS:
All exhibitors are requested to carefully study the following regulations. Exhibitors are expected to adhere to the general regulations as they are designed to benefit the exhibitor, organisers and public.
Participation & relevant forms:
- The Pick n Pay Wine & Food Festival booking form and its contents serves as a legal contract.
- Completed booking forms must be received by the Wine Farm Liaison, Colyn Truter by Friday, 7 July 2023.
- The Organisers reserve the right to allocate stands, re-allocate unpaid stands and reject any application to exhibit without reason.
- All purchase orders to be added to booking forms prior to being sent to the Wine Liaison before invoicing can commence.
- PLEASE, ONLY MAKE YOUR PAYMENTS ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN INVOICE from the event delivery agency, Live Company Sports & Entertainment.
- All payments to be completed by Friday, 14 July 2023.
Cancellation of stands:
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to Wednesday, 19 July 2023 and must be in writing.
- Cancellation fee amounts to 50% of the original contract amount.
- If you cancel after Wednesday, 19 July, you will be held liable for the full amount as indicated on your booking form.
Loss and damage to property:
- The Organisers will not be held responsible for any loss of stock or damage to equipment or property
Change of regulations:
- These regulations are always subject to additions and modifications at the discretion of the Event
NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE TO EXHIBITORS IF THE FESTIVAL IS DISRUPTED BY AN UNCONTROLLABLE ACT / INCIDENT.